Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

When it rains, it pours....

Okay, you know how when one thing happens and then it goes down hill from there? Well, it has happened to me again. It's actually kind of funny now. It all started yesterday afternoon when I told Garrett to put some new bubble bath up in his bathroom that I had bought. Well, instead I found 1/4 bottle of it in on our wood hallway smeared by two little boys. So, I put the boys in the bathtub so that I could clean up the floor and then Graham threw up in the bathtub - chicken nuggets and carrots!! Garrett said, "Ooh, Mommy, what is dat??" I said, "Throw up-now get out!" Luckily, I had just finished cleaning the floor. Over the next 4 hours Graham threw up about 7 times. Apparently, he has a stomach virus. He went to bed at 7:00pm and then my dad got here with my niece and nephew at about 8:30 to spend-the-night. Of course, Jeremy was on-call and not home last night. Then at about 5:30 this morning I jumped out of bed (I was sleeping in Garrett's bed so that my dad could have mine) when I heard Graham crying and my foot had gone to sleep. I somehow stepped on it wrong, heard it pop, and either tore a ligament or sprained my ankle. I know, I feel like a retard!!! So this afternoon we headed off to UMC again, for x-rays. So far, we've been there in July, August, and October. I guess next it is Jeremy's turn. Anyway, I now have a boot and crutches. It feels a whole lot better tonight. It really is funny. However, the neat thing is that for the second time I needed someone it has been my dad (along with other people) instead of my mom who has been here in my time of need and desperation for help. It has been so cool to see my dad step in when my mom would have been the one here helping. I don't know what I would have done without him today. I also have wonderful friends and in-laws who have stepped in to help. Thanks to all of you!

10 comments:

The O'Donnells said...

sha! bless your sweet heart and no you're not a retard...so something i would do! take care of yourself! i love you!

Carrie said...

Oh Sha...I hope you're feeling better. I am so sorry...that's how I feel about my life too...when it rains it pours...then pours some more!

Tate Family said...

Oh, good heavens! Y'all have been through the wringer. Bless your hearts.

Jan said...

Dear, dear Sha --
Poor baby! I surely wish I lived closer to you. How neat that you see God's hand in this -- first with your dad being there and also that you actually see his role in this. I think it's probably a very good thing for both of you. I hope you know that if you need me, I'm there.
Take care of yourself and I love you lots...
Jan

betty jo said...

Sha, I love seeing your family blog. So sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you are better. That poem was beautiful. I know Marsha would be so proud of you for the wonderful christian life you and your family are living. You have a beautiful family, and you are also a great writer. God bless you all.
Love
betty jo

stacy seago said...

So glad you are off those crutches. You need a girl's night~ tomorrow it is!!

Christy Del Ben said...

So sorry about all the mess you have been dealing with. Just let me know if you ever need anything! Christy
www.delbenadventures.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Man! What a rough day!! Hope you are feeling better!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

sha, i couldn't help but laugh because i could see you saying and doing what you wrote especially your comment to Garrett "Throw up-now get out." LOL!!! I am sorry to hear about your foot. That seems crazy, but we all do stuff like that. Glad your dad is there to help. love you girl, r

Anonymous said...

Sha,
I know what you mean about Daddy helping. He took care of me when I had my biopsy and all I could think was "Daddy is taking care of me! What is wrong with this picture?" I am so glad he was there to help you and bring the kids home. Glad everyone is OK now. UMC has probably starred your account. ha ha I love you!

Boo