Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Just like his Daddy.....




Garrett has been all about his Daddy lately. Everyday when Jeremy gets home from work and walks in the door the boys yell, "Daddy!" and run and hug him. Then they've both been taking showers with Jeremy. So when they get out of the shower Garrett will tell Jeremy he wants to shave, too. (Don't worry - the cover is on the razor!) He is such a little Jeremy. He does exactly what Jeremy does. He even wants to lay by Jeremy just like he does. Sometimes when Jeremy isn't with us and I'm somewhere with the boys Garrett will say, "I'll be Daddy, Momma and you be Momma and Baby can be Baby." (He still calls Graham "baby" sometimes!) I think Garrett is going to be protective of his Momma!!! I can ask Graham whose boy he is and he'll say, "Daddy!" Garrett will say, "It's okay Momma, I'll be your boy. Your my girl!"

In this moment of watching Garrett wanting to be just like Jeremy I had a "WOW" moment. Actually the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "That's how God wants you to be with Him. He is your Father and wants to know you on such a deep level that your desire is to be just like Him." And the only way I can be like Him is by being in His word learning about His character.

Thank you God that You are my Father and for my precious boys and the godly father You've given them - Jeremy!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Great post! He is so cute.

Dara said...

How sweet! I love the pictures!

Loustalot said...

That's so sweet. It's kinda scary at times to think of the influences we have on shaping young ones. They watch us like hawks! k

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely priceless!!! :) SO SWEET and you couldnt have said it any better! Love the pics- Jamye

Binksters said...

Sha,

That is so darn cute. See you next week.

amber

the Sandbergs said...

sha- are you going to church at c'ville next sunday for the 80th anniversary? we are gonna try to. bro. charles is coming back to lead the music!!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

hey sha, update! :) hope all is well with y'all. we are expecting baby rock #2. how many months apart are your lil ones?