Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mom's Birthday

Today my mom is 60 years old in heaven. I miss her so much, and today I've been thinking about the things that I miss most about her:

I miss her laugh. Sometimes she would laugh so hard that she would poot! (She would kill me for telling that!)

I miss how she would always teach the boys something new everytime she kept them.

I miss how she could take care of me like no one else.

I miss how she would have my house spotless and re-arranged everytime we went out of town.

I miss how I couldn't find things in my house that she moved when we had been out of town.

I miss how she would have dinner ready for us after coming home from a trip.

I miss calling her on the phone and telling her the funny things the boys just did.

I miss getting her parenting advice when I need it the most.

I miss how she would give me advice even when I didn't want it or ask for it.

I miss my friend, my counselor, my prayer warrior.

I miss that I can't tell her that we're having another baby-(I think she already knows!)

I miss that she won't be with me when this baby is born, but somehow I can imagine that she will have the best seat imaginable!

I miss that I can't tell her how much I love her.
........................................................................................
Don't miss an opportunity to tell people how much they mean to you. You never know when it might be the last time you spend with them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of that was so true!! I miss her so much. Love you. Boo

The Segrest Family said...

so sweet sha.
i know your mama is up in heaven looking at you and is so proud! and i know she is watching garrett and graham - laughing and pooting! =)

Loustalot said...

Sha, loved catching up on your blog! Call next time you're at Stone MT. we'll come see you. It's not far from us. The photos are great, such an exciting Christmas. Love the birthday cake idea. Hope you got my text back several days ago in response to yours, but remembered I didn't put my name so you may not have known it was me.