Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mom's Birthday - December 31

Mom's birthday was New Year's Eve. I spent it in Meridian with Dad and the boys. She would have been 59 this year. Actually, I did a lot better at Christmas this year than I thought I would. I heard a pastor say that the anticipation of the holidays is worse than the actual holiday, and I found that to be true this year. It also helps that I have 2 boys that keep me very busy. But, Mom is missed very, very much. Sometimes I find things in the house that she's written on while organizing my house, and it feels like she's been here. I just couldn't stop thinking about this being her first Christmas with the SAVIOR!!! And I thought how awesome this Christmas is for her. I wish I had a picture of her to put on here, but she hated getting her picture taken, so I don't have many. For Christmas my aunt gave me a windchime with Mom' s name and dates of her birth and death, and it and it came with a poem I wanted to share written by Al Littleton and Brenda Smith:

WHISPERS FROM HEAVEN
When I left this world without you
I know it made you blue.
Your tears fell so freely,
I watched; I know this is true.

While you were weeping,
Days after I passed away-
While all was silent within me,
I saw you kneel to pray.

From this wonderful place called heaven
Where all my pain is gone.
I send a gentle breeze to whisper,
"My loved ones, please go on"

The peace that I have found here
Goes far beyond compare
No rain, no clouds, no suffering-
Just LOVE from everywhere.

You need not be troubled
Just stay close to GOD in prayer
Someday we'll be reunited
My love, HIS love surrounds you always,
EVERYWHERE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so honored you'd include that poem in your blog. Brought tears to my eyes as I re-read it.

GREAT Christmas pics of the boys -- thanks for doing this! Love you and can't wait to see you!

Jan

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

beautiful! i love your heart, sha. press on, sister. with love, r

Renee Guest said...

Sha - you are so precious. I'm so proud you and your strength. You have kept God so close and you never lose sight of the big picture. It amazes me that through your sorrow that you were able to remember your mom's first Christmas with our LORD. We can all learn from your unselfishness and Faith!

Teddy Shanks said...

Dear Sha: Went to your site, knowing you surely posted some pics of ya'll's trip - thoroughly enjoyed them. Had no idea I would receive the "blessing" of the poem you shared with us. Was kinda tough to read at the beginning but was reminded again of the beautiful relationship ya'll had with Nana and the wonderful memories you cherish.
Give Jeremy & my precious great-grandsons a big 'ol hug from GranDee. Love ya'll so very much. Dee