Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Papa!!

Today is my dad's 63rd (I think) birthday! Happy Birthday to Papa!! He sure does look good for his age and is very active. We went home last weekend with Boo and her kids and got to see Papa get baptized! When Mom died he said that he needed to get "re"baptized because he did it when he was 15 because everyone else was doing it. He said he got things in the wrong order. The past year he hasn't said much about it but then called me a couple of weeks ago and said he "walked the aisle" to be baptized again and would be baptized on May 4th. I am so proud of him! For those of you who don't know my daddy he is a very strong, masculine, show-no-emotions, baseball coach. I think before my mom died I had only seen him cry maybe twice. Now, he isn't afraid to cry. I guess sometimes he just can't help it and the tears just come flowing. He cried the whole time he was getting baptized, along with Boo and myself as we watched. It took 2 pastors to dunk him so that they wouldn't drop him. This was more awesome than him winning 2 National Baseball Coach of the Year awards. How often is it that you get to see one of your parents get baptized?!! This was just one of the many blessings God has shown even through mom's death. This may not have ever happened if she wouldn't have died. Who knows??? It helps to think of the good things and the blessings instead of focusing that Mom is gone. God is so good, even in the bad times, if you just allow Him to reveal HIMSELF to you!!!!

4 comments:

Dara said...

Happy Birthday, Coach! I love the pictures!

Loustalot said...

Sha, that's really awesome. I was thinking about you in church today. I know Mother's Day probably is a little bitter-sweet for you. Happy Mother's Day to you and keep praising sister!! k

Christy Del Ben said...

Happy Mother's Day! The story of your dad is so encouraging! I'm praying for the day that I can blog about my mom getting dunked! christy

Morgan Tart said...

Awww that is so great!! I love your dad! I hope you guys are doing great!