Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

"Garrett-isms"

These are just some of the cute things Garrett has said over the past week. He always has me laughing or my heart smiling!

1) The other day he was coloring in a coloring book and said, "Momma, that white color doesn't work! Look, you can't see it!"

2) We were lying on my bed and he gave me a kiss on the lips and said, "I want to marry you, Momma! I want to dance with you under the stars!" I said, "Where are we going to get married?" And he said, "Disney World!" And then I said, "What are we going to wear?" And he said, "I wear a orange shirt (his favorite color) and you wear a green shirt (my favorite color)!" - (I guess it going to be a casual wedding!!!) Then I said, "What are we going to do after we get married?" And he said, "Ride rides!!!" - (As if, what else would we do?)

3) We were home last weekend in Collinsville and passed by the cemetery on our way to the reservoir and he said, "There's that flower place where we remember Nanny!" - (He's only been there twice!)

4) The other day he said, "I want to see Nanny." And I said, "We can't- remember?" And he said, "Soon we can see Nanny with Jesus!" - (I'm so thankful he still remembers her!)

5) We were riding in the van to Meridian and Garrett and Graham had just woken up from a nap and Graham had his pacifier in his mouth and Garrett said, "When did Baby (Graham) like a paci?" - (He meant when did he start using a pacifier.) And I said, "When he was a little baby he started liking a paci and when you were a baby I tried giving you one, but you didn't like it. We tried all different colors, but you just liked your thumb." He said, "It goes with my blanket." - (He sucks his thumb when he's tired and has his Mickey Mouse blanket with him.) I said, "Why do you like your thumb?" He said, "Cuz, it's dood (good)!" And I said, "Well, what does it taste like?" And he said, "Tum (thumb)!!!"

6) Garrett has these activity workbooks that Jeremy bought him that teaches reading and writing. He loves doing them. I was checking emails and Garrett wanted to work on them. I was really about to go in the kitchen with him and work on them, but I wanted to just delete some emails. It really was not going to take but a second. He said, "Momma, come on, I want to work on these!" I said, "Okay, just a minute." He saw me going down the emails hitting delete and he said, "Don't do it anymore, Momma." Then he said, "Come on, Momma, I want to LEARN!!!" - (Now how could you not jump out of your seat right then and play with him???!!!

7) Last night I was cooking breakfast to eat for supper and Garrett wanted to help me cook. He loves to do that. I had just told them that raw eggs can make you sick and don't touch anything with eggs on his hands. I put bacon bits and cheese in with the raw eggs to get ready to scramble them and Garrett starting picking out the bacon bits and eating them. Now I don't usually make it a habit to say this, but I said, "Dang, Garrett!" And he said, "What dang, is?" Needless to say, I got "the eye" from Jeremy!!!

I hope this little boy never changes and always calls me "his girl"!!!

4 comments:

Dara said...

How sweet! We love those boys, don't we! I miss you!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

love the stories. so sweet! your boys sound so precious and pleasant.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing! Kids make me smile. They are both so precious! Thanks for sharing such sweet stories! Mallorie Bonds

The Segrest Family said...

so sweet!!!