Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

About the Jacksons.......

Okay, no picture this time. Some of my friends have done this so I thought I might give it a try and see how many I could come up with.

1. I am so glad I started blogging.
2. I am way more blessed than I deserve.
3. I have the greatest group of friends you could ask for.
4. Every girl needs a sister.
5. I am excited about what God has been teaching me in the Old Testament.
6. I guess I never paid attention in Sunday School all those years!
7. I wish I could talk to my mom again.
8. The only way I've gotten through the past 5 months is because of my Savior!
9. I love rocking Graham to sleep at night.
10. I love to hear Garrett say, "I want Nanny to come to my house" because I know that means he remembers her.
11. I have great in-laws (even though Papaw did hit the fence at our driveway in our "new" minivan - I still love you, Papaw)!!!!
12. I love Pinelake.
13. I hate that I live 1 1/2 hours away from my dad.
14. The hardest thing is telling my dad goodbye when I leave or hang up the phone.
15. I am so thankful for my best friend in the whole wide world, Jeremy.
16. The greatest gift ever is being a mom.
17. I love lying down with Garrett at night and hearing him say, "Hold me, Mommy."
18. We have the greatest small group at Pinelake.
19. Now, I feel the need to hold my dad's hand in church during the prayer like I did when I was a little girl.
20. I am crying right now.
21. I want 4 kids.
22. Jeremy wants like 15 kids.
23. I am only birthing 4 kids.
24. Jeremy is NOT in school - he is a resident, he does have a job and gets paid.
25. I am ready for Jeremy to have a REAL job.
26. We love to travel.
27. My favorite vacation was in 2002 when we spent 2 weeks driving out West living out of our Xterra and sleeping in a tent and eating out of a cooler.
28. My other favorite vacation was in 2001 when we backpacked in Europe for 21 days. We visited 6 countries for like $2,500! That included our plane tickets!!!
29. Our dream vacation would be to go to New Zealand.
30. I married my 1st grade boyfriend.
31. We didn't talk again until 4th grade because I got my haircut and Jeremy said I looked a boy.
32. I was (and still am) a tomboy.
33. I was in 2 beauty pageants in high school.
34. The first pageant I was in I fell down the stairs, the second pageant I was in just to redeem myself.
35. I love to hear Garrett say, "I'm sorry, Mommy. I didn't mean to."
36. Garrett calls Graham either "Baby" or "Dam".
37. Graham finally got his two front teeth in.
38. The longer I am a mom the more I realize what I learned from her.
39. I have to go feed my (3) boys their lunch.

9 comments:

The Cross Family said...

beautiful!!!

Amanda said...

I loved that!

Christie said...

That was great! I was crying too while I was reading it. You are one of the best mommies I know.

Renee Guest said...

so sweet.

Carrie said...

Great thoughts! You're so sweet.

The Henrys said...

This is Amanda Henry writing you back. That was so sweet and I'm still crying. Your mama was a great mother and I'm certain you are, too.

Chelle said...

Sha,
This is Rachelle (Crenshaw)Black. Now living outside of Nashville. I loved that and want you and Boo to both know how sorry I was to hear about your mom. I remember her being my first grade teacher...matter of fact, I still have the first picture I ever colored in her class, with her beautiful and neat handwriting across the top that said "Try to stay inside the lines. Good Job!".
I even pulled it out of a box when I heard she had passed away, I was hunting my 1st grade class picture to show my husband who she was. I will continue to pray for you and your family. I know this is very hard for all of you.
Rachelle

Adelia said...

I'm crying right now too. I know you are a fabulous mom cause you were taught by a fabulous woman. She taught me so much while I was in her class and then when I tutored for her for a couple of years. I love all of ya'll.

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

thank you for sharing your heart and thoughts. tearing up, laughing and smiling at you... you are very special!