Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Good news and Bad news...

I'll start with the bad news...

Dory Yay-Yay, our fish, died yesterday. We've had her/him for about 6 months which is longer than we thought we would have it. We knew it had not been eating and acting funny lately and knew her time would be soon. Yesterday afternoon after Garrett's nap I walked into his room and saw Dory Yay-Yay lying at the bottom of the fish bowl on top of the rocks. (I thought fish float when they die!) Anyway, I waited until Jeremy came home to tell Garett. I thought Garrett would be so upset. Jeremy came into Graham's room where they were sitting in Graham's chair reading books together, and Jeremy said, "Garrett, I have some sad news...Dory Yay-Yay died." Garrett said, "Bring her in here and let me see." Jeremy did and he looked at the bowl and went, "Rrrroarrrr!" (I guess trying to wake her up!) Then he says, "We can go to the pet store and get another one!" He was real upset, can't you tell! So then Jeremy says, "Do you want to have a funeral for Dory Yay-Yay. That's when we dig a hole in the ground for her and tell her we are going to miss her." (Since we are still potty training we thought flushing her down the toilet might be a little traumatic since we are still working on poo-pooing in the potty!!!) Then I tell Garrett, "I know where we can bury her. We can bury her beside the driveway where that flower grows where we remember Nana." (where my one iris is!) Jeremy and Garrett go outside and bury her and Garrett comes back inside and says, "Momma, I real sad." I say, "Why, Garrett?" And he says, "Because I'm going to miss feeding Dory Yay-Yay and watching her swim." I just about cried. He wants to name his next fish Dory Yay-Yay, too!!!

Now some good news....

Garrett is potty trained!!! He now wears underwear!!! However, I still have to remind him to go to the potty. He doesn't come to me and tell me he has to go. He sleeps through the night in underwear with no accidents. He has been tee-teeing in the potty for awhile but not poo-pooing. Well, a couple of days ago he and Graham were playing outside and Garrett tee-tees in his underwear. He wants me to go inside and get him some more Spiderman underwear. I go in and when I come out he says, "Momma, I poo-pooed!" I say, "Where?" And he says, "Over there on the rocks!" (in the driveway). He was so proud. I guess he squatted down like a dog and did it. Jeremy asked me did I get on to him and I said, "No, at least he didn't do it in his underwear!"
So yesterday when Garrett gets up from his nap he wants to go outside and play and I tell him, "If you need to go to the bathroom, just go outside." (I did not specify tee-tee only.) I watched him tee-tee in the grass and a little later he came to tell me he poo-pooed in the driveway again, AFTER he came inside to wipe his booty with his Kandoo wipes. Now that boy ain't right!!! Between these two boys life is a hoot, and I just have to laugh my way through it!!

5 comments:

Loustalot said...

That's pretty funny! Both stories. Kids have the funniest reactions. Can't wait for those moments of "did they just say or do that?"
k

Carrie said...

so funny! we are almost there with Livie on the potty training too...only a couple of accidents here and there. She does go tee tee when we're outside standing up (at least she takes her panties off first) and says she's "just like Daddy"...we're working on that one!!!

Dara said...

That is TOO funny! I wonder - what are your neighbors thinking? Hummmm...

The O'Donnells said...

ok you made my monday morning! those two boys are precious!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

Chris and I just laughed our way through Garrett's potty story!